By Loryn Nieto, Graduate of TIWP & Miramonte, Class of 2017
- It’s okay not to know what you want to do or be. Use this time to explore different interests. You might surprise yourself.
- Step out of your comfort zone, if you feel comfortable. I know that’s contradictive, but you will know when there is an opportunity for you to try something new and that you’ll learn from it. Listen to your gut.
- Communication is everything. If you’re having problems with your friends or any of your relationships, be upfront and honest. Still, be kind and respectful. Listen. But tell people what is upsetting you if you want to solve the problem.
- Know why you do things. Get to know yourself by understanding your choices. Why you take certain classes, why you hang out with certain people, why something interests you.
- Don’t beat yourself up over a mistake. Even if it’s a big one. You are still good. You are still whole. You are still enough.
- Be yourself and you’ll find your people.
- Don’t be afraid to have your own opinions.
- Do as much as you can in the Bay Area. Explore. Find new places. Have fun with your friends. Four years go by fast!